HOW TO USE TEA TREE OIL TO REMOVE HEAD LICE? HERE ARE 3 RECIPES!
You can use tea tree oil in many ways for head lice treatment. The first thing you should know about tea tree oil is, its strength. It is very strong and you should look for a carrier to use tea tree oil for lice. If you have sensitive skin, you should dilute the oil and use it on scalp and hair. Any oil can be used as a carrier oil such as olive oil, coconut oil etc. You can also use water to dilute tea tree oil.
RECIPE 1. APPLY TEA TREE OIL TO SCALP AND HAIR
This is a very simple and straight method.
- Tea tree oil- 4-5 drops
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to water.
- Apply the mixture on scalp and hair, massage the scalp and hair gently.
- Leave it overnight.
- Place a towel on the pillow when you sleep.
- Comb your hair the next morning to remove the lice.
- Wash hair with shampoo or simply rinse hair with warm water.
- Repeat 1-2 times a week for about 3-4 weeks.
RECIPE 2. HEAD OIL MASSAGE WITH TEA TREE OIL
If you regularly apply oil to your hair before hair wash, add a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular hair oil. Sesame oil is highly recommended to be used as a carrier oil. You can also add equal parts of sesame oil and coconut oil for oil massage.
- Sesame oil/ coconut oil- 2-4 tbsp (or as per your hair length)
- Black pepper corns- 3-5
- Tea tree oil- 8-10 drops
- Take equal parts of sesame and coconut oil (or sesame oil as you prefer) and heat it.
- Add 3 to 5 black pepper corns.
- Once the oil is warm, add up to 10 drops of tea tree oil to the warm mixture.
- Mix it well and massage the scalp with the oil mixture.
- Wrap your head with a towel and let it stay for 1 hour.
- Comb the hair after one hour and rinse the hair with mild shampoo.
This simple remedy makes an effective treatment in case of mild lice.
RECIPE 3. TEA TREE OIL SHAMPOO FOR HEAD LICE
Although there are many shampoos available with tea tree oil as one of the major ingredients, mixing tea tree oil with your shampoo yourself makes it more effective.
- Add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo when you wash hair, every time.
- You can also mix tea tree oil to your regular shampoo. You may empty a tea tree oil container (about 5 ml or 10 ml) into 100 ml shampoo container and mix it well. Use the shampoo after 3 days to wash your hair.