HEALTHY NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS !
These healthy No Bake Death By Chocolate Protein Bars are packed full of chocolate goodness but are darn healthy for you! Not only do they taste like a soft and chewy dessert bar, they also pack a delicious protein punch! These are the perfect snack bar to make during your meal prep or when you want a filling and tasty bite during main meals. These healthy no bake death by chocolate protein bars just take ten minutes and are gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and paleo friendly.
No Bake Death By Chocolate Protein Bars
Just ten minutes is needed to make this delicious no bake protein bar recipe which taste like dessert and a chocolate lovers dream! Not only do they take less than 10 minutes to whip up, these bars are also refined sugar-free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and have a tested paleo option too!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (For the paleo option, use 1 cup coconut flour)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
- ½ cup protein powder (dietary recommendations listed above in content)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chunks
- ½ cup nut butter of choice (I used the buff bake peanut butter but can use any)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (sub for maple syrup in the paleo version)**
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice*
- Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, protein powder and cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well- It should be crumbly. Wait until it cools slightly before adding the dairy free chips and chunks and mix well.
- Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- * Depending on the flour and protein powder combination, you might need less/more dairy free milk
- ** If you don’t go the brown rice syrup route, you’ll definitely need more dairy free milk
- Protein bars are freezer friendly and can also be kept at room temperature.