The Healthy Wonders Of Apple Cider Vinegar
I have seen many articles lately about the wonderful things Apple Cider Vinegar can do for you. Raw, organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting apple juice until the natural sugars turn into vinegar. It is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, among many other wonderful things.
According to Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar website, some of these benefits are:
Today, for Healthy Wednesday, I decided to try it myself and made a tasty ACV morning cocktail, a modification from a recipe found here. At first, I was terrified of what it would taste like, because of its strong odor, but it was actually really refreshing and crisp!
Detox Morning Elixir Recipe
– 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
– 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1 Tbsp raw honey
– 1 tsp grated ginger
– 2 oz of filtered water
Mix all the ingredients and drink, warm or cold.
Why this combo is good for you:
- Apple Cider Vinegar balances pH levels, cleanses the digestive system, reduces bloating, balances glucose and insulin levels. An alkaline pH can decrease risk of infection, increase energy, and prevent growth of unhealthy cells in our body.
- Raw Honey balances out the intense flavor, and adds enzymes and vitamins. It is anti inflammatory and a natural source of energy.
- Lemon is full of vitamin C, and is used to aid digestion and fluid retention.
- Ginger is an excellent digestive aid and immune booster.
I have to say I immediately felt great and refreshed, and knowing how good this is for me, I will make it a point to enjoy my morning elixir everyday. Just make sure to buy a ACV that is organic, raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized, which you can easily identify by the strands that settle at the bottom of the bottle, known as “mother”. The “mother” contains proteins, the good bacteria and natural nutrients that make ACV a true health-booster.