5 THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AFTER EATING; NO. 4 IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH!
Did you know that going to bed immediately after dinner or lunch is a very harmful habit? Believe it or not, besides this habit, there are other things that you need to avoid doing after having lunch or dinner. Let’s take a look:
- Smoke– if you’re a smoker, it’s crucial to wait a few hours after a meal to light a cigarette since the nicotine can bind to the surplus oxygen which is needed for proper digestion, and, as a result, the body will absorb more carcinogens. Some studies have shown that smoking right after a meal is equal to smoking 10 cigarettes at once. To make matters worse, this terrible habit significantly increases the risk of bowel and lung cancer.
- Eat fruits– you should always eat fruits before a meal, not afterwards, since fruits require different enzymes for digestion. Moreover, sugars in fruit need more time to be completely absorbed. The best way to benefit from the nutrients, fiber, and sugars from fruits is when your stomach is empty. When you eat it after a meal, the risk of heartburn, indigestion, and burping is higher.
- Sleep– going to bed right after eating can cause discomfort, bloating, and a burning sensation in the stomach. According to a study done by the University of Ioannina Medical School, people who didn’t go to bed immediately after a meal had lesser chance of a stroke.
- Shower-if you shower after a meal, you increase the blood flow in the legs and hands and this reduces the blood flow in the stomach. Unfortunately, this weakens your digestive system and may cause stomach ache.
- Tea– drinking tea after dinner can impede the absorption of iron. Namely, tea has tannic acid which can bind with protein and iron from food. In most cases, this results in 87% reduction in the absorption of iron. Iron deficiency is known to cause anemia manifested through pale skin, chest pain, poor appetite, cold feet and hands, weakness, and dizziness.
Did you know that going to bed immediately after dinner or lunch is a very harmful habit? Believe it or not, besides this habit, there are other things that you need to avoid doing after having lunch or dinner. Let’s take a look:Smoke– if you’re a smoker, it’s...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorHealthy Life Style 365